We spent the weekend camping at Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area. A 4-star accommodation as far as campsites go. The tent sites are right on the lake and great bathroom facilities (showers, flushing toilets and a dish washing sink) are a modest distance away. My kind of camping...still in a tent and communing with nature...but with some luxuries of modern living.
Ask Emily what she enjoyed the most and she lists off swimming in the lake, catching crayfish and petting the water snake. Yes...this teen caught the snake, as it was crossing the river, with his bare hands.
Ask Megan what animals she saw and she'll tell you, "a big snake," referring to the snake that happened to be crossing the road. No catching this one with bare hands but instead it was photographed from the car. (I wasn't with them but when I saw the picture it looked a lot like a rattler to me. But Steve assures me it was a gopher snake. Rattlers will take that accommodation rating right down to 1-star in a hurry).
Certainly an interesting theme there...but I assure you we won't be getting any snakes as pets anytime soon. I'm afraid Grandma would never come to visit again.
1 comment:
Fool Hollow Lake, kid catching snakes with his hands while wearing a Fallen tee-shirt, and gopher snakes in rattler's clothing...yeah, you could say there is a theme going on here! Sounds like you had a good time. I'm glad the girls like to camp. If you make it out this way, they can visit the Herpetology Museum at Natural Bridge.
Post a Comment