Friday, August 1, 2008

Ouch

The YMCA summer camp that Em has attended all summer ended last week. School starts Monday. That left three days this week for us to find care for her. I worked from home yesterday and kept her home with me. We have her at the Boys and Girls Club program for the other two. It's not her favorite. No one was unkind to her. It's a safe and nurturing environment. Today is even a field trip to the movies. But it's just not where she wants to be today. And she's making it very apparent. And this is one of those days that as a working mom my heart aches.

3 comments:

gregariousred said...

I'm right there with you. School starts next Friday for my kids, and they will be home with their older brother M-Th. None of them are happy with the arrangement, but it's ONLY FOUR DAYS. Sheesh. We still don't have after school care because we've been informed that Jennifer's expulsion from the school's after school program in Kindergarten precludes her from the program FOREVER. Tell me that's not a crock of cheese! That was three years ago!

Erica said...

I feel your pain. I love my kiddos but I cannot be with them at all times. It's really hard to send them off to be cared for at a place they don't want to be. Hang in there, sweets. Know that you are choosing excellent care for your child and she will do the same when it is her turn. But ugh. It is hard.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the words of support ladies.