Sunday, May 31, 2009

Preempted by the weekend

I know I said I'd be doing some reviews of our New York trip. I still intend to but this weekend kept us busy. Saturday we caught the Pixar movie, Up. Great story, touching messages and fun for all ages. I definitely recommend taking the entire family. Then we had an invite for dinner and swimming with friends, so that's where we were for the evening. Then Sunday was church, taking GrampAl out for his birthday lunch, more swimming and working on the eight paper mache' planets below (I'll explain that more once they are further along in the process...but for you die-hard astronomers...someone else has one of the larger planets which will be either Venus or Saturn. After some discussion, it was also decided to include Pluto...the miniature non-planet in the foreground).

I did post some pictures from our NY trip out on Facebook finally so if you follow us there...take a peek.


2 comments:

shokaku said...

Ah, paper mache. How that brings back memories of making pinatas.

Is that Barbie in her girl astronaut outfit? Will she ride on the magical unicorn to the moon?

Tammy said...

She's in her swimsuit actually. It was Megan's contribution that helped with scale.