Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snail mail

I'm all about communicating through modern technology. I keep up with email on a Blackberry, I use evite.com for party invitations, I curse my Flexible Spending Account vendor every time I fax a claim form in (seriously), I use address labels on my Christmas cards (not without guilt) and I keep a blog for pete's sake. But I still love to get mail...not the bills and credit card application kind of mail...but mail that comes with my name and address in handwritten script on the envelope. Birthday cards, thank you cards, invitations...I find them delightful. It's a dying form of communication...but I will do my part to keep it alive.

My very talented friend, Sheri, recently started a new endeavor as a Stampin' Up consultant. She's very artistic and an amazing creative type and lucky for us that know her, this is a wonderful outlet for her to share her creativity and talent to inspire us. I've attended a few of her classes and workshops and have left with lovely hand-crafted cards that I then have been able to share with my friends. She recently held a "Mommy and Me" class that Emily attended with me where we made adorable Valentine-inspired gifts.

Her classes and workshops have definitely inspired me to get back into paper art. I used Emily's birthday as my first endeavor into creating something in "mass". Here is the invitation...


Which was then followed up with a similarly designed "Thank you" note. All of which are being hand-addressed and delivered...by snail mail.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hey I got one of those Thank Yous! I thought it was hand made. Very Cute - how do you find the time???

shokaku said...

And what a nice thank you card it was.

Who is "Simba" though. Ash was laughing at Hope for days after that.

Tammy said...

Oops! Our apologies to Hope!

shokaku said...

Hope has been laughing back at Ash, because Ash has been diarrheaing on the floor lately, so she is locked in the pantry. I let her out this morning and in 5 minutes before I left for work she diarrheaed on the carpet. Back into the pantry!

Tammy said...

That may have been a little too much information for some readers...but I'll post it anyhow. Poor Ash.