The first year of this blog I had 102 posts. The second year it dropped to 47. A direct correlation between the decreased Blogger activity and my increased activity on Facebook. As I've confessed before, my creative energy was focused on short little status updates. Last year, despite good intentions, it dropped to only 41 posts. Perhaps I'm being hard on myself, but that's just sad.
So this month I'm trying a little experiment. A month of daily posts. Everyday I will attempt to post something...and if I miss a day, then I have to make up for it the next time. I can't promise they will all be lengthy editorials, but I will try to keep them interesting, colorful and witty even if they are just a recent photo, a link to something I found of interest or an insightful quote from the girls. I don't expect to keep up a daily post for the whole year, but I do hope it will get me motivated to write more regularly. If all goes as planned, I'll at least have 31 posts by the second week of February --73% of my total 2010 posts!
(And look at that...I just did two today! I'm already inspired!)
No comments:
Post a Comment