Here is Emily with her individual stock that we now need to count out and deliver through the neighborhood. She's really anxious to go...but personally I'd like to put my feet up for an hour or two and dunk some Thin Mints in a big tall glass of milk and get my strength up.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Got Milk?
We've got cookies. Lots and lots of cookies. Do-Si-Does, Trefoils, Thin Mints, Tagalongs...you name it, we've got 'em. I'm the "Cookie Mom" for Emily's Brownie troop and in case you didn't know...this is "cookie weekend." This morning the troop leader and I were at a local high school where there were pallets of cookies over 6' high. We counted our cases, counted again and loaded them up in our two vehicles. Then we brought them back to the house. At one point we had 93 cases of cookies stacked around the house. That's 1,116 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. We then counted out each girl's order, counted again and then counted one more time when the parents came to pick them up (The middle count was because Megan decided to do a little reorganization after the first count). This picture here is after most of the cookies have been distributed to the individual girls in the troop. So this is our extra stock. Need a snack? Drop on by.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi MFB, do they still sell the coconut caramel shortbread cookies that everyone used to call Somoans? They are my favorite cookies!
Yes...the Samoas. There one of our favorites too. A little GS cookie trivia for you...GS uses two different bakeries for the cookies. And the bakery used in CA now calls them Caramel deLites. More politically correct I suppose?
Do you have any? Wanna send me a box? :)
I miss Scott Teas!
Post a Comment