I am a fan of live music. I went to my first concert in 1986...Book of Love opened for Depeche Mode at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. And I’ve been dancing and singing along at shows ever since.
A good live show makes you an even bigger fan of an artist or band. It showcases their musical talent and brings a different edge to familiar songs. Tonight I went to a live show that I would rank in my top 5 favorite concerts. The Foo Fighters. The founder and lead singer, Dave Grohl, once played drums for a little band out of Seattle called Nirvana. I admit to having a crush on the man. My husband is aware of this…so it’s not a deep- forbidden-love kind of crush. Just an innocent appreciation for the guy’s talent (he was a one-man band for the original Foo Fighters album and has fingers in a number of other projects), a knack for being goofy (check out almost any one of their videos…but this one is my favorite) and a self-deprecating take on his own fame. Plus I think he’s pretty cute, especially after a haircut and shave.
Anyhow…tonight was a fantastic show. Dave’s energy was contagious. The other musicians in the band were impressive (Taylor Hawkins on drums...wow!) and they did this amazing acoustic set on a substage in the middle of the arena (now I'm lovin' on their acoustic live album, Skin and Bones). I was a fan before…but I really love them now. It’s 12:41 in the morning, my ears are ringing, my voice is hoarse and I’ll probably be awake for at least another hour while the energy wears down. So tomorrow at 3pm when I’m crashing at work, I’ll just turn on some Echos, Silence, Patience and Grace and rock on.
2 comments:
Hey MFB, thanks for reminding me about TFF. I had been meaning to download some of their tunes from as far back as 95, and I just haven't gotten around to it. I did today though!
I'm glad you had a good time!
Glad I could inspire. I'm still riding the high from the show and will be listening to their tunes all day!
Post a Comment