Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Hope
So today I find myself in a strange place. It has been difficult for me to find the appropriate words to express the feelings I’ve had over the last 24 hours. As the poll results came in from PA & OH last night, I admit to feeling disappointment. But then I began to feel elation. You see, although I do not agree with all of his political positions, I do admire his accomplishments as a human being. This man – a grandson, a son, a husband and a father to two young girls – has defied the odds. This man has broken down a barrier that sadly has remained in many corners of this country far too long. And for that I commend him. And that feeling…the one that I feel for him as a human being and for what he will represent forever in our history books…perhaps that is a feeling of hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That makes two of us, MFB!
All I can say is that I hope that I will not have my earnings "redistributed".
Post a Comment