Friday, February 27, 2009

Eight


Our sweet Emily Susanne is eight today. As much as I hate to sound cliche I can't help but ask, where does the time go? As fast as these eight years have gone, I can't help but think how quickly so many other milestones will be here. In just a couple years she will be a pre-teen. In another quick eight years she'll be old enough for a drivers license. Two years after that we'll be getting ready for high school graduation and sending her off to college. I really can't bring myself to think that far ahead.

Emily gives us so much to be proud of. To us she is, of course, so beautiful and smart. But I'm especially amazed by how astute she is. She has always been very inquisitive. It's definitely paying off for her because she obviously stores away all the answers in that big brain to be referenced again at a later date. She is showing signs of a quick wit. This certainly makes her a terrific companion in my book. Combining all that perception with her sensitivity has also made her very compassionate. And it is this character trait that I am most proud. This past Fall the students in her class were able to send notes of thankfulness to their friends. Emily received one that read, "I am so thankful for Emily because you always include me in every game." I was so touched by that statement because it really captures Emily's personality so well. Her heart is huge for friends, family and even strangers.

Tonight we'll celebrate her eight years with friends and family. But I especially look forward to celebrating all that is ahead of her as she blossoms into what I suspect will be nothing less than amazing. And we will cherish every moment along the way.

Happy birthday sweet Emily Sue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let Emily know, Liam and I wish her a Happy eighth birthday!!

luv,

Caroline