Emily has never been overly concerned about what she wears. When she was younger, she would simply wear whatever I picked out. There was a short period of time that she didn’t like anything with buttons, but other than that, I can’t think of any fashion cunumdrums for Em. Now that she’s older, she just pulls out whatever is at the top of the drawer and she’s off.
But Megan. Oh, Megan. She’s a totally different creature. Since she could talk, she’s been much more particular about what she wears. Last winter…it was her Dora Crocs with everything. Once the weather cooled down and we convinced her to wear Princess sneakers, they could only be worn without socks. Then there was the period that only short-sleeved shirts would do.
These days it’s more about her self-declared desire to look “flabulous” (That's how she says fabulous...it has nothing to do with annoying cellulite). She picked out her own pretty red dress for Christmas. If we’d let her, she’d have worn it every day of December. As far as pants…jeans are her favorite. Or as she calls them, “blue pants”. One particularly grumpy afternoon I asked what had caused her bad mood. She responded with, “Because I don’t look flabulous”. “Really? You look fabulous to me,” I respond. “But my pants are not blue Mama.” Oh. Well how could I argue with that?
I have even been subjected to the flabulous test. One morning she declares, “Mama..you look flabulous today!”. Why thanks Megs. As she directs a critical gaze to my pants she says, “What color are your pants?” “They are brown,” I respond. “Oh, well your pants aren’t flabulous, but your shirt is." Well then. Perhaps I can bring that up with the dress code policy writers at work.
She isn't a complete diva about it. After all, she will settle for wearing other colored pants…but they just aren’t as flabulous as good ol’ blue denim. And so it begins. She is four going on fourteen.
Here are a couple shots of her in her favorite “flabulous” outfit…making some “flabulous” poses.
4 comments:
You have nothing short of a "DIVA" in the making.... ;-)
That's what I'm afraid of!
I have always loved Megan's silent , but sassy style......jeannette
She likes 'Nette's' style just as much. :)
Post a Comment